Are you contemplating whether to sell your old car to a car wreckers in Auckland? Are you wondering if it will be a good decision or one that you would regret?
In this article, I will walk you through the way car wreckers work, and also the advantages and disadvantages of it, in order to help you make the final decision.
There are many strong pros when it comes to choosing car wreckers in Auckland to buy your junk car. For example-
- You will get instant cash: That’s the best thing about most car wreckers in Auckland. All you have to do is get a quote, and the wreckers will come to you to collect the vehicle the same day. So by the end of the day, you will already have the cash in your hands.
If you’re wondering how much money you can get from selling your car to car wreckers in Auckland, then just know that it depends a lot on the condition of your car. The worth might be as little as $50 to as high as $10,000! Either way, you are getting the cash instantly.
- You will have money for a new car: A junk car is just that—junk. It’s got no use; hence there is no reason why you should keep it. In fact, you need a new car. And selling the junk car is the best way to start saving up for your new friend.
- The sooner, the better: Since all cars lose their value over time, the faster you sell them, the better deal you will get. It’s discussed in more detail later in this article.
- More cost-effective than repair: If you have a damaged, unwanted, or non-functioning car, you are probably standing at the mouth of two crossroads—sell it or repair it. But which is the better option between the two? If money is your biggest concern, then selling is obviously a much better option.
You will need to spend an amount of money for repair, and even then, it might not be fully repaired, or still have a lot of lacking and complicacy. Moreover, it might become damaged once again a few months later, and you will need to call for more repairs.
However, if you choose to sell it instead, not only will you be preventing yourself from spending repeatedly, you will be getting extra cash in exchange. With this cash, you can save up to buy a new car in the future, which will hopefully run smoothly for another decade or so.
Therefore, there’s no debating about which one is the financially better choice.
- Environment-friendly way: Car Wreckers in Auckland ensure that the process is completely friendly to the environment. The parts will be recycled, and the parts that can’t be recycled will be disposed of in a way that does not harm the environment. So if you choose to sell your car to car wreckers in Auckland, you’re not only doing yourself and those wreckers a favor, but also our environment!
- No unnecessary hassle: Out of all the options when it comes to selling your car, this is the most convenient one. You don’t need to advertise photos of your cars on Trademe or other places. You don’t have to wait for a call from a potential buyer. You don’t have to go through the process of meeting up with buyers and negotiating a price.
In fact, on the plus side, you get the wreckers to come to you. They pay you the cash within a minutes. And they take care of most of the work. What can be any more convenient and hassle-free than this?
However, just like everything else, there are some cons to it as well. For example-
- Since all places have different payouts and metal demands, depending on your location, you might not be able to find the expected price for your car.
- Not all car wreckers in Auckland will be nice enough to come to your house and walk you through the whole process.
- Since car wreckers are only interested in the re-useable parts of your car, they will not give you the used car value for your junk car.
- Some ‘car wreckers’ are just middlemen, which means they’ve to make some profits. You may not get the right price when dealing with them.
- Wreckers will only pay you according to the car’s weight and number of useable parts in demand. They don’t care about the model; they won’t pay extra even if it’s an expensive model if your vehicle is not in demand.
If you’re still delaying your decision of whether to sell your junk car to car wreckers in Auckland, or you have taken the affirmative decision but left it for later, then stop. Let me remind you that the longer you leave your junk car in the darkness of your garage, the further it continues to deteriorate. The metallic parts of your car become rusted and destroyed if left unused for a long time.
Thus the quality and demand of re-useable parts decrease. Since wreckers will pay you based on the parts and metal value, your chance of getting more money will go under the drain. Remember the $50-$10,000 range we mentioned earlier? If your car is in an extremely damaged and deteriorated shape—which is usually caused by leaving it unused years after years—you will only get below $100 from wreckers. If it is in moderately good shape, you can get a four-figured number of cash instead.
Remember, if you car is too deteriorated, the car wreckers may refuse to take it, even for free.
To simplify, the longer you take to sell your junk care, the more it deteriorates, and the less money you will get in exchange for it. In other words, the faster you take your car to a wrecker, the better money you will get. That’s why selling your car before it’s too late is important.
Now that you are aware of the whole process and all the pros-cons, you will hopefully be able to take the decision. If you do choose the affirmative, give us a go by filling out our online quote form or calling us on 0800 113 552.